Our 3rd Annual Disability Pride Parade will be on 4/16/16
Parade line up with be at 1PM
Opening ceremonies at 1:30PM
Parade will start at 2PM
Check here for updates as we create this year's lineup
Over 160 people marched in our 2nd annual parade! Here's the video.
2015 Parade line up:
1 - Nacogdoches Mayor's Committee on People with Disabilities (parade sponsors)
2 - SFA Student Rehabilitation Association
3 - DARS & The SFA Braille and Cane Club
4 - Lions Club
5 - ACE Superstars
6 - Head Start
7 - Dakota Bergeron Family
8 - Goodwill
9 - Nacogdoches Democrats
10 - Camp Blessing
11 - Talking Hands
12 - Lufkin Supported Living Center
13 - Nacogdoches ISD
14 - Friends of Down Syndrome
15 - Hettie Legg & Associates
16 - Independents
17 - Nacogdoches Fire Department
Over 130 people marched in our first Disability Pride Parade.
Here's the video and here are the pictures!
The mission of the Nacogdoches Disability Pride Parade is to:
- > Develop a sense of pride and empowerment in people with disabilities
- > Empower people with disabilities to openly declare pride in who they are
- > Educate the community about disability as a beautiful aspect of diversity
The objectives of the Nacogdoches Disability Pride Parade are to stage a series of community events that will:
- > Celebrate and strengthen the pride, power, and unity of people with disabilities
- > Allow family, friends, and allies to show their support for people with disabilities
- > Further the overall community acceptance of all people with disabilities
In leading up to the parade, we are sponsoring poster, essay, and photography contests for all ages. Please explore the website to find out how you can participate.
If you want to help us reach out to the community, please feel free to download and then display our Parade and Contest flyers.
Our parade is proudly sponsored by the Nacogdoches Mayor's Committee on People with Disabilities. The NMCPD also puts on a Sports Day Out Festival for people with disabilities every fall, with this year's event taking place on September 26th, and there are also annual Accessibility Awards for businesses here in town. Please explore those pages above as well.